Translate

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Library 2016-2017 School Year!

Hello Everyone!

It's me, Ms. Clerkin, the Library Teacher here at McDevitt!

It has been another great start to a new school year!

  • Grade 6 students are getting to know their new library with library introductions. Their reaction to our beautiful space never grows old! 
  • Grade 7 social studies students are in the library analyzing primary and secondary sources related to The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine, our first One Book Two Schools Summer Reading Program! And, the author is coming to McDevitt on September 21!
  • Grade 6 social studies students are learning about website evaluation and primary and secondary sources. And it's only September! 

A couple of things I’d like you to know:

It's hard to believe this is my 14th year in Waltham Public Schools!

Collaboration is my passion! Let's talk!

My schedule is flexible. I can work with you any day, any time. Sometimes you are in the library, sometimes I am in your classroom, and always I am sharing resources to support your curriculum. I have a TON of resources to share, both print and digital. We have access to fantastic print and digital content in our library collection, and access to some amazing databases. These resources are multimodal, leveled for varying reading needs, have read aloud options, and more. Let's use them!

My Calendar is a shared Google Calendar. You can view it on this blog. If you want to schedule some common planning time, a research class, or need a change of scenery, take a look at my calendar. Or you can send me an e-mail and let me know.

We have a new makerspace in the Library! It's definitely in the developmental stages, it's growing, and kids are already taking advantage of morning hours in the library. The library is open Monday-Friday 7:40 am-8:00 am. Up to 25 students are invited to catch up on homework, browse the library, and make fun stuff! Library passes are located in the office.

I am a mentor. If you are mentoring another teacher and you are looking for peer mentoring opportunities, let me know. I collaborate with so many of you, it’s an ideal opportunity to share the great work being done in our classrooms.

I will be hosting our annual Scholastic Book Fair this year from December  7-9, 2016 from 7:30 in the morning until 3:00 in the afternoon. The Book Fair is held in the building foyer. I encourage EVERYONE to stop by on their own and with their students. I will be sharing more information closer to the date.

I am excited to catch up with returning staff and to meet new staff, and I can't wait to work with all of you this year in any way I can!

Stop by the Library and say hi!

Have a great day!

Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment